Saturday, September 30, 2023

mid June to the end of July 2023

Coming soon.....'papa, can I borrow the van to go out with my friends?'
Morning stroll with the media naranja
low water on the elbow....good thing I brought the Goose

Ramon on nose hill


69 year old Bob Parr on Mt. Haig


This little guy followed me home
...and Bob
Came up the left side of mt. haig, went down the RHS
La rosa salvaje de Alberta
How fave city park trail...10 min walk from home...on nose hill
....sasks included


upon arriving at the trailhead.....

...note the bear spray on Ramon's hip

Summit Mt. Lipsett


On Mt. Lipsett with Mist Mtn behind.  July 1.  
Heading up King Creek Ridge with Mt. Hood in the background
With 2 mtn bikes, we started doing some biking....


Mt. Wintour in the background

Ramon on the summit of King Creek Ridge.  Opal range in the background



Ramon and I coming down King Creek Ridge.  Photo taken by NASA climate change dude, who we met on the summit and sent it to me.


Ramon finishing his shift at Stampede
Al sends a big one....
Cory and son Huey, duey or Louie?  I can't remember. Picking Sasks in his back yard in Crossfield.



The Gringe


Al's fig haven
Vaughan introducing me to trail riding in Bragg Creek.  Riding the hardtail messed up my back for 3 days.  After trying his 10k Santa Cruz full susupension, we got back to his place and I told him I want one of those, but for a lower price.  He promptly found a few on a the website, PinkBike and I was the proud owner of a full susp bike a few days later!

I seem to be enjoying this, whereas I had dissed it since the 80's as too hard, stressful, too much like a video game, with no time to enjoy nature as one had to really focus on the trail.
....ah...but there's always the downhill!




A Spanish film crew on our fave trail on nose hill.  Must be a special place.
One box of blueberries isn't enuf for me anymore....I'll take a pallet load please
The handsome young man
A visit to Grandma Lori

...who had recent encounter with gravity


Don's new space age Hyundai...powered by the same fuel source as the starship Enterprise?

Mom and her new photo thingy.  Emily and I hiking on the Nova Scotia coast.
...why nose hill of course
I can see that coffee will be a big part of my 60's....not sure I could make it thru the work day without it.
The new buzz box.  2012 Hyundai Accent for 9k.  125,000kms.  Couldn't kill the 04 Accent I had in Libya for 3 years.

 

No comments: